Students shall by the end of the course be competent in:
Demonstrating an understanding of the influence of life-stage on food
• Listing the common health models used in health initiatives
• Briefly defining consumer segment types
• Describing basic internal food regulation mechanisms
• Explaining the difference between food preference and taste preference
and between liking and wanting
• Briefly describing how we learn flavour
• Listing common influences over eating as a behaviour
• Explaining the importance of palatability on food preference
• Describing some of the ways in which marketing and advertising effect food
intake and preferences
• Listing some of the emotional, personality and motivational influences over
eating and the issue of body weight and dieting
• Explaining how learning and decision-making styles influence food choice
• Listing ethical and personal considerations when dealing with individuals’
I loved this course, totally awesome and new information to me! I had no idea why I loved the foods I love and now I have a real appreciation of how hard it is to change what you eat!
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed my journey of liberation with this course. I must say, that when I commenced, I was searching for the ultimate diet tips and tricks; that was what I expected to find. How wrong can you be!! I''m on my journey to reconnect to my internal cues and developing healthier lifestyle habits.. And I'm so excited that I can help my clients on their path to health and happiness as well!!
Margo, Seaford, Victoria, Australia
OMG I had no idea how so many small things around me contributed to my eating and how simple it is to start changing them. I didn't do this course to lose weight, but the first change I tried I lost 3kgs. Loved the section about personality and eating.
I wanted to send you some feedback about this elective... LOVED IT! It just made sense, and the activities and hints were super easy to do and fun. I can really see how we have lost that connection to hunger and fullness, I had no idea. Thanks for a great course.
Kali, NSW, Australia