Students shall by the end of the course be competent in:
Demonstrating an understanding of the influence of life-stage on food
• Listing the common health models used in health initiatives
• Briefly defining consumer segment types
• Describing basic internal food regulation mechanisms
• Explaining the difference between food preference and taste preference
and between liking and wanting
• Briefly describing how we learn flavour
• Listing common influences over eating as a behaviour
• Explaining the importance of palatability on food preference
• Describing some of the ways in which marketing and advertising effect food
intake and preferences
• Listing some of the emotional, personality and motivational influences over
eating and the issue of body weight and dieting
• Explaining how learning and decision-making styles influence food choice
• Listing ethical and personal considerations when dealing with individuals’
I loved this course, totally awesome and new information to me! I had no idea why I loved the foods I love and now I have a real appreciation of how hard it is to change what you eat!
I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoyed my journey of liberation with this course. I must say, that when I commenced, I was searching for the ultimate diet tips and tricks; that was what I expected to find. How wrong can you be!! I''m on my journey to reconnect to my internal cues and developing healthier lifestyle habits.. And I'm so excited that I can help my clients on their path to health and happiness as well!!
Margo, Seaford, Victoria, Australia
OMG I had no idea how so many small things around me contributed to my eating and how simple it is to start changing them. I didn't do this course to lose weight, but the first change I tried I lost 3kgs. Loved the section about personality and eating.
I wanted to send you some feedback about this elective... LOVED IT! It just made sense, and the activities and hints were super easy to do and fun. I can really see how we have lost that connection to hunger and fullness, I had no idea. Thanks for a great course.
Kali, NSW, Australia
Well College Global (formerly Cadence Health) is a highly personalised, bespoke college and was the first college to provide online nutrition courses in the late 1990's, we were the first college to offer lifestyle, food and health coaching programs and we are the first college in Australasia to offer a formal Women's Health Coaching qualification.
Well College prides itself on its support and service, we believe that we are conduit between knowledge and global wellbeing. We provide quality learning to wellness passionate coaches who are creating a Well World of Well Beings.
Well College Global respects and acknowledges the Traditional Custodians of the Land, of Elders present, past and emerging, on which this connection between people takes place.
Copyright Well College Global 2004-2021 Well College Global Registered TM 2030579 PO Box 4118 North Curl Curl NSW 2099 AUSTRALIA 02 9400-9759 ACN 600 367 968